Wadhurst Place wins Sussex Heritage Trust Award
in Large Residential Category
Wadhurst Place is a large mansion house with separate stable block, situated close to the market town of Wadhurst, in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty of East Sussex. The house and stables date from 1885. The site was in use as School from 1930 and following this as a college until 2001. Following this, the site lay vacant and neglected until restoration work commenced in 2015. During this fallow period, the Manor House and the associated stables were Grade II listed in 2009.
Newcourt Residential recently put the scheme forward for consideration in the Sussex Heritage Trust Awards 2018 and OSP were delighted to be present at the awards ceremony to jointly receive with Newcourt Residential an Award in the Large Scale Residential category. A well-deserved win for Newcourt Residential and recognition of OSP’s long association with this site.