This site has a rich and prestigious history, with the first grand house being constructed in the late 16th Century with successively larger houses constructed over the years. The last grand house to exist on this greenbelt site (approximately 22,000 ft² in size) was built in 1872 and demolished in 1959. The site has remained fallow since then.
OSP were appointed by the site’s owners to act as lead consultant, with the intention of gaining an outline consent for a new Georgian style manor house of approximately 6,000 ft².
Consent was duly granted, overcoming significant issues such as the fact that the Green Belt came into existence after the previous house was demolished, effectively categorising this as a new dwelling in Green Belt rather than a replacement dwelling. The site was sold and OSP were delighted to continue their involvement, being appointed by the new owner to make a Reserved Matters planning application and full detailed design of the new house.
Construction is due to commence in early 2019.